The department of Mechanical Engineering strives to train students in mechanical engineering science as well as application of these scientific methods to conceive, organize and carry out scientific design of engineering system.
The department's professional programme includes a deeper study of a number of engineering sciences to which the students are introduced at the core curriculum level, experimental solution of physical problems, techniques and method of design of systems relevant to the contemporary industrial world.
The broad areas include Energy Conversion and Power Systems, Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics, Mechanics of Solids and Stress Analysis, Manufacturing Science, Industrial Engineering, Automatic Controls and Engineering Design. Laboratory experience is considered to be an important part of the mechanical engineering programme. There are course oriented laboratories where the students do experimental work leading to a better understanding of physical situations. The scope of Mechanical Engineering is expanding with advancement in the areas of CAD, CAM, CIM, FMS and Robotics etc.
- To impart curricular and co-curricular technical knowledge to the students to produce competent and well groomed Mechanical engineers.
- To produce engineering professionals adequately prepared to meet the requirements of the industry and also face challenges of the society.
- To motivate students and faculty members to acquire more knowledge by engaging themselves in research ,innovation and industrial projects.
- To promote academic growth by offering postgraduate programs and research activities.
To become a centre of excellence in education and research in the field of Mechanical Engineering and to produce world class Mechanical Engineers to meet quality manpower requirements of industry and academia for sustainable development of the nation.
- To prepare graduates who will create new ways to meet society's needs with their knowledge of Mechanical Engineering.
- To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve, and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
- To promote student's awareness of life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
- Our Graduates will be able to demonstrate the ability to use basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering and apply them to solve problems specific to mechanical engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data, and report results.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function as a coherent unit in multidisciplinary design teams, and deliver results through collaborative research.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems of a complex kind.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities, and use technology for the benefit of mankind.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and societal contexts.
- Graduates should be capable of self-education and clearly understand the value of life-long learning.
- Graduates will develop an open mind and have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- Graduate will be able to design a system to meet desired needs within environmental, economic, political, ethical health and safety, manufacturability and management knowledge and techniques to estimate time, resources to complete project.
- WORK SHOP
- MACHINE SHOP
- FLUID MECHANICS LAB
- HYDRAULIC MACHINES LAB
- NUMERICAL CONTROL & SOLID MODELLING LAB
- FMS & CNC LAB
- MATERIAL TESTING LAB
- AUTOMOBILE ENGG. LAB
- APPLIED MECHANICS LAB
- HEAT POWER & HEAT TRANSFER LAB
- REFRIGERATION & AIR-CONDITIONING LAB
- MECHANICAL MEASUREMENT LAB
- MACHINE DYNAMICS LAB
- INTERNAL COMBUSTION.ENGINE LAB
- METROLOGY LAB
- ENGINEERING DRAWING LAB