The faculty members are consistently doing well in teaching and research. Faculty members and students frequently get awards, prizes for outstanding research contributions in their respective fields. Both B.Tech and M.Tech programmes attract the brightest students of the country every year.
The faculty pays personal and individual attention in motivating and moulding young students into qualified professional and responsible engineers through its well established mentoring systems. The placement record of the Department has always been impressive. Almost 80% of the students get job from the campus placements and many of them are getting it in Core companies every year. The Department has the state-of-the art laboratories in almost all the areas of Electrical Engineering. The Department has the latest simulation tools like MATLAB,SIMULINK,PSCAD,PSPICE etc to cater to various specializations and is equipped with facilities for measurement, characterization and synthesis of experimental, theoretical results as well as for research.
- To impart curricular and co-curricular technical knowledge to the students to turn out competent and well groomed engineers.
- To produce Engineering Professionals adequately prepared to meet the requirements of the industry and also face challenges of the society.
- To motivate students and faculty members to acquire new knowledge by engaging in research leading to innovative projects in cutting edge technology.
- To promote academic growth by offering post graduate programs and research activity.
To become a centre of excellence in education and research in the field of Electrical Engineering, create excellent facilities for learning and produce technically competent Electrical Engineers by imparting sound knowledge.
- Our graduates will be able to Excel in professional career by acquiring knowledge in mathematical, basic science, computing and engineering principles.
- Our graduates will be able to use modern engineering techniques to develop their skills and knowledge after graduation to fulfill needs of society.
- Our graduate will have the necessary professional skill such as high ethical standards, effective oral and written communication and team work to be productive engineers.
- Our graduates will be able to establish themselves as practicing professionals in Electrical Engineering or sustain a life- long career in related areas.
- Our graduates will be able to use their skills with a strong base to prepare them for higher studies and research.
- Our graduates will be able to develop an ability to analyze the requirements understand the technical specifications, design and provide novel engineering solutions and produce efficient product designs.
Students in the Electrical Engineering programme at the time of their graduation should possess -
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiment, as well as to analyzes and interpretation of data.
- An ability to design a system. component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to function in multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solution in a global, economic environmental and social context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- ELECTRICAL MACHINE LAB-I
- ELECTRICAL MACHINE LAB-II
- ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS MEASUREMENT LAB
- POWER SYSTEM LAB
- CONTROL & INSTRUMENTATION LAB
- SIMULATION AND MODELING LAB
- POWER ELECTRONICS LAB
- NETWORK & DEVICE LAB
- PROJECT LAB