One of the primary Engineering Departments of the Institute, the Department of Civil Engineering offers courses leading to B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering. The laboratories are well equipped with facilities for routine laboratory work and field work of the students as well as projects. The department has its well furnished Computer Center to cater to the needs of the students and staff. The Department contributes to the interdisciplinary academic and research activity of the institute. It undertakes industrial consultancy work as a part of its interaction with industry and also organizes Seminars / Symposia for professional interaction.
- To impart appropriate skill and knowledge of Civil Engineering to the students in a manner which will make them the competent human arms of the building apparatus of our country.
- Providing the students with a balanced dose of theory with an eye to its practical utility in solving field problems.
- Creating motivation for both teachers and the taught in acquiring the latest knowledge in all fields of Civil Engineering.
- Encouraging students for taking up innovative projects like low cost and green field housing, development of new types of building materials and new technology to achieve economy with quality.
- Updating curriculum from time to time
- Ensuring healthy academic growth by introducing post-graduate education and doctoral research facilities in the long run.
To be a Beacon in the field of Civil Engineering by fostering a sound education system with excellent facilities of research which shall go a long way in turning the department to a seat of higher learning.
- Acquiring a thorough knowledge of the engineering principles as applicable in different aspects of Civil Engineering.
- Gaining a knowledge about different building materials (along with alternative materials and their appropriate and selective use, without compromising strength and quality.
- Learning about the design principles of various civil Engineering structures and estimation of quantity and cost on proper analysis.
- Enabling the students to get a first hand knowledge of construction and/or operation on conducting a few study tours to construction sites of various types of structures or to sites of implemented projects.
- Students should posses an ability to analyze the forces of nature ( with future implications), study bench marks of flood and cyclones and learn from history about the workings of any surviving or failed structure as “Case studies” which reveal knowledge of design adequacy or its short coming.
- They (the students) should develop an interest in knowing the latest developments taking place in the country or else where ( in any field) and improve their skill accordingly.
- They should also be trained to have a research mindset towards workings of different field structures after they pass out and become professional engineers.
- They should be impressed to develop a team spirit and leadership quality, which is necessary for taking up any project and finishing it successfully within the specified time frame.
All the students of the Civil Engineering Department should possess the following ability at the time of the successful completion of their courses
- Conversant with a knowledge of mathematics, computational skill and different civil Engineering principles. They must be able to apply them in the design , construction and operation.
- Investigation and collection of data about the site soil and using them in design.
- To conduct experiments on models or otherwise, to gain a first-hand or indirect knowledge.
- To work with a multi disciplinary team for the successful completion of an important project.
- They must be able to identify, formulate and solve any engineering problem.
- Exhibiting professional steadfastness in discharging official, social and ethical responsibilities.
- Communicating efficiently with the higher-ups or subordinates for seeking direction or achieving any desired official objective.
- Analyzing any problem and its solution from economic, environmental or societal angle.
- Understanding of current trends and techniques of a subject and acquiring of modern tools to achieve them.
- Engaging themselves in life long research and learning for a sound professional development.
- Gaining steam for preparing, participating and succeeding in competitive examinations like GATE, MAT,IES OR IAS.
- CIVIL ENGINEERING DRAWING
- HYDRAULICS LAB
- CONCRETE & STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING LAB
- MATERIAL TESTING LAB
- TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING LAB
- SOIL MECHANICS LAB
- ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING LAB
- SURVEY STORE
- AUTO CAD LAB