Specialization : Computer Science & Engineering
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering is equipped with up-to-date state-of-art lab setups, accessories, modern class rooms and independent laboratories, backed up by adequate faculty strength as per AICTE norms. The Department offers a wide range of practical training and exposure to both software and hardware that have industry and trade applicability. There are more than 600 computers with the latest LAN/WAN configuration, networked with five IBM servers, Fiber Optic Network Backbone for connectivity providing users access to the Internet and Intranet facilities, with online backup by maintainance free UPS. The department provides B. Tech. and M.Tech programme to students. The department has already made wireless connectivity available in the institute campus, thereby providing the students the latest Wi-Fi technology to access internet anywhere in the campus & hostel by using their laptops. COMFLUENCE, the departmental Journal has been published to provide a forum for research-oriented articles of our teachers and students.
- To impart curricular and co-curricular technical knowledge to the students to turn out competent and well groomed engineers.
- To provide students with a strong theoretical and practical background across the computer science discipline with an emphasis on software development.
- To motivate students and faculty members to acquire new knowledge by engaging in research, leading to innovative projects in cutting edge technology.
- To promote academic growth by offering postgraduate programs and research center.
To become a Centre of Excellence in education and research in the field of Computer Science & Engineering, create conducive environment and excellent facilities befitting to the need of learning and producing technical competent Computer Engineer and Information Technology professionals by imparting sound technical skills and profound knowledge.
Excel in professional career by acquiring knowledge in mathematical, basic science, computing and engineering principles.
- The graduates of Computer Science and Engineering Program should be able to use their skills with a strong base to prepare them for higher learning and research activities.
- The graduates of Computer Science and Engineering Program should be able to develop an ability to analyze the requirements, understand the technical specifications, design and provide novel engineering solutions and produce efficient product designs.
- The graduate of Computer Science & Engineering should exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their profession.
- The graduates should be able to adapt to current trends by engaging in life-long learning.
Students in the Computer Sc. & Engineering programme should at the time of their graduation are in possession of -
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computing, science, and engineering fundamentals appropriate to the discipline.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design and construct a hardware and software system, component, or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional, social and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the current trends and techniques, modern tools to engage in life-long learning and professional development.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Graduates are able to participate and succeed in competitive examination like GATE, MAT, IES, etc.
- The basic knowledge of digital electronics, electrical components, computer architecture and applications of microcomputer systems, telecommunications and digital signal propagation needed in data transport.
- The design techniques, analysis and the building, testing, operation and maintenance of networks, databases, security and computer systems (both hardware and software).
- Project management techniques and teamwork necessary for successful information engineering technologies, system designs and implementations, and the effective use of communication skills to prepare technical reports, and presentations.
- SOFTWARE AND PROGRAMMING LAB [(i) C PROGRAMMING LAB (ii) DATA STRUCTURE AND OOPS LAB]
- DATABASE LAB
- NETWORKING LAB
- COMPUTER ARCHITECTURE HARDWARE LAB
- ADVANCE CASE LAB
- INTERNET WEB TECHNOLOGY AND JAVA LAB
- PROJECT & R & D LAB