Specialization : Electronics & Communication Engineering
The field of Electronics occupies a unique position in the area of Technologies. The department, over the years, has been adapting its curriculum, laboratories and research programs to move abreast in Electronics, Telecommunication and related areas. In all its programs, it has managed to acquire the right mix of computers, telecommunication and VLSI which is contributing to the growth of Electronics. The syllabus is designed to meet the requirement of the modern industries. Problem solving is given a prominent place. Laboratory equipment is regularly updated. It is our commitment to continuously strive for imparting high quality education and training to our students, so that they are moulded into competent professionals.
- To impart technical knowledge to the students to produce competent and well groomed engineers.
- To produce engineering professionals adequately prepared to meet the requirements of the industry and also face challenges of the society.
- To motivate students and faculty members to acquire more knowledge by engagingthemselves in research and innovation.
- To promote academic growth by offering postgraduate programs and research activities.
To become a Centre of Excellence in Education and Research in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering to create excellent facilities for Learning and produce technically competent Electronic Engineers by imparting them sound knowledge.
- The main objective of Electronics & Telecommunication engineering program is to educate the rural and urban students by providing conducive academic environment, building solid foundation through teaching of prerequisite courses so as to feel comfortable in learning core subjects and enable them for high levels of creativity, critical thinking, cohesiveness in team work and outstanding leadership in their careers.
- To prepare graduates with good theoretical background and sound practical knowledge which lead to excellent performance at university examinations and successful professional career.
- To make graduates to innovate, design, simulate, develop and test hardware and software components for offering solution to real life problems.
- The graduates should be able to advance professionally through organized training and self-learning in the major areas such as VLSI, Signal Processing and Communication Engineering.
- The graduates will be involved in professional organizations, formal education opportunities and industry oriented training programs that enhances their ability to become more productive in their place of employment.
- To build strong fundamental knowledge amongst graduates so as to pursue higher education, research and find a suitable place in professional development of Electronics,Telecommunication and IT industries.
Students in the Department of Electronics & Telecommunication Engg.programme should at the time of their graduation are in possession of -
- To demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- To design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- To design and construct a hardware and software system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints.
- To work in team in laboratory and in multidisciplinary task.
- To identify, formulate and solve electronics and communication engineering problems.
- To demonstrate their knowledge as a professional and ethical responsibilities.
- To be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- To show the understanding of impact of engineering in a global, economic, environmental and social context.
- To develop confidence for self education and understand the value for life-long learning.
- To demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary issues.
- To use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering.
- To utilize statistics, probability, transform methods, discrete mathematics and applied differential equations in modeling, designing and simulating electronics systems.
- To use the techniques, skills and modern technical tools necessary for designing, developing electronics devices.
- Application of circuit analysis and design with the augmentation of required components such as computer programming, software, digital electronics to the building, testing and maintenance of electronics systems.
- To apply project management techniques to electronic systems.
- BASIC ELECTRONICS LAB
- ANALOG ELECTRONICS LAB
- DIGITAL ELECTRONICS LAB
- MICROPROCESSOR AND MICROCONTROLLER LAB
- DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING LAB
- COMMUNICATION LAB
- PROJECT/IMAGE PROCESSING LAB
- VLSI LAB
- ADVANCED COMMUNICATION LAB